Everyone has heard of Ford. The US car manufacturer has amassed a reputation for being the country’s go-to car manufacturer and exporter. Models like the Ford Focus and Fiesta are common sights in the UK and around the world. Did you know, the Ford Fiesta was the most searched car on our site in 2020?
However, is a Ford reliable? Why should you buy a Ford? Do they produce good cars? If you haven’t driven or owned one before, it’s difficult to answer these questions. “Should I buy a Ford?” is a common query at dealers across the country, especially for first-time drivers.
Thankfully, we’re going to make things clearer. Below, find out all the advantages of driving a Ford.
The benefits of Ford cars
If drivers see Ford cars everywhere, then they must have some benefits, right? The Fiesta and Focus models have a reputation for being reliable, no-fuss vehicles for all types of drivers. The Ford brand specialises in making cars that feel easy.
However, beyond their reputation for no-fuss cars, Ford vehicles have a number of other benefits.
- Efficiency – Ford is known for making fuel-efficient cars. Each of their models boasts decent miles-to-the-gallon and, combined with their competitive price points, this leads to their drivers saving more money.
- Easy to drive – There is nothing worse than having your heart set on a car, only to realise it is awkward to handle. Thankfully, Ford cars aren’t just fuss-free by reputation; they’re fuss-free by nature, too. They’re relatively easy to drive, making them ideal for first-time drivers or those who want laid-back handling.
- Availability – Ford cars are some of the most popular models in the world. Thanks to that, they are always available for purchase, leading to more competitive price points. So, many people rely on them for their day-to-day driving. Plus, should you need a replacement part, they are easy to come by.
- Choice – There are a wide range of vehicle types under the Ford umbrella. Whether you’re looking for a hatchback or a zippy runner, the brand has many reliable models to choose from.
- Attractive – Despite their availability, Ford cars always look modern and timeless. Even if you buy an older used model, you don’t have to worry about it looking too out of place on the road.
Criticisms of Ford cars
While Ford’s reputation is generally good, some criticise the brand for being a little boring. The brand rarely pushes the boat out or attempts to add exciting, revolutionary features to their vehicles. To some, this equates to boredom.
However, while some may find this boring, others see it as dependable. You know what you’re getting when you buy a Ford, which isn’t a bad thing in our book.
One other major criticism levied at the brand is that its models tend to rust. However, if you take care of your car and you know how to wash it properly, then this shouldn’t be an issue.
Overall, it’s important to research your car purchase carefully. Each model will have its advantages, disadvantages and idiosyncrasies, so make sure you always go into a car purchase prepared.
If you’re unsure of how to prepare for a used car purchase, read our blog on the subject: How to buy an older car: a guide.
Are Ford cars reliable?
Generally, Ford cars are reliable. The brand is regularly listed as the most reliable car manufacturer from the US, and it fares well against other manufacturing nations.
However, Ford cars don’t have the strong reputation of Japanese brands, and, for some reason, the brand is wrongly put into people’s blacklist. This reputation isn’t supported by how the models perform.
In numerous reliability surveys, Ford regularly finishes in the upper-half or middle of the pack, often finishing higher than other notable brands.
As with any car, we would recommend purchasing from a trusted dealer.
Should you buy a Ford car?
As always, this depends on you. However, if you’re stuck with what to go for, you can’t go wrong with a Ford car. They’re the safe choice which, for many drivers, is the most important factor.
See great deals on Ford cars today. If you’re not sold on a Ford, then consider findandfundmycar.com’s varied range of used cars instead.
We’ve got models from every major car brand from a network of trusted, reliable dealers.